1535 EDGEWOOD DRIVE, PALO ALTO
Rare custom-built estate located on one of the most prestigious streets in Palo Alto. This magnificent property was inspired by the Robert A. M. Stern architectural vernacular and evokes elegance and modern comfort. Its sophisticated design and open floor plan embrace indoor/outdoor living.
Built in 2002 and recently decorated by Martha Angus, this 8,212 square foot home consists of three floors featuring fine architectural details and carefully chosen luxury materials. A central grand foyer with soaring ceilings leads to multiple living areas. There are 5 bedrooms and 5.5 baths, 3 offices, a fitness center and a tremendous recreation room with kitchen area, parquet dance floor and game area.
The grand style of the house, together with the beautiful grounds, numerous terraces, and inviting resort-style pool, create a serene, architecturally stunning property. This very special offering is convenient to downtown Palo Alto and Stanford University with easy access to all of Silicon Valley.
At A Glance
- 5 bedrooms, 5.5 baths plus 3 offices.
- Approximately 8,212 square feet: Home 7,743 square feet, garage 469 square feet. One of the largest properties in Palo Alto. (per architectural plans).
- Lot size approximately 19,593 square feet.
- Open concept floor plan with fine architectural details and millwork throughout the house.
- Guest quarters, recreation room, fitness center, game room, dance floor.
- Private yard with swimming pool, hot tub, numerous blue stone terraces and heated patio, built-in barbecue.
- Iconic designer lighting with unique selection in every room.
- Hardwood floors throughout the first floor.
- Uniquely appointed bathrooms.
- Multi-zone heating and air conditioning
- Fully finished 2 car attached garage.
- Outstanding Palo Alto schools: Duveneck Elementary, Jordan Middle and Palo Alto High (buyer to confirm)
- In close proximity to Palo Alto and Stanford University with easy access to Silicon Valley.
Park-like backyard with a variety of venues that offer a magical setting for entertaining and family gathering: numerous blue-stone terraces, arbor, heated dining and entertaining area, built-in barbecue with granite counters, lush sweeping lawn, mature trees, rose garden, fruit trees, Barbara Butler play structure, heated pool and spa - all adding to the feel of an exclusive resort.
- Connecticut blue stone walkway and elevated covered porch with extensive millwork supported by Doric columns.
- Oversized front door with leaded glass panes and central grand foyer with hardwood floors, high ceilings, wainscoting and crown moldings.
- Large formal living room with wood burning fireplace, exquisite stone mantel, wainscot paneling, crown moldings and large windows that overlook the front yard.
- Sun-filled formal dining room with built-ins and oversized windows.
- Main level designer’s powder room.
- A tremendous great room of grand proportions with soaring ceilings opening to the kitchen, natural gas fireplace surrounded by built-ins, entertainment center, large dining area, a private executive office space, intricate beams and a double-paned Nana wall of French doors that completely opens to a light-filled terrace and the back lawn.
- Chef’s kitchen with an oversized central island with separate prep sink and rare Lumerian blue granite counters, breakfast bar, top of the line appliances, desk area, and hardwood floors.
- Main level wet bar center with icemaker and glass display cabinet.
- Full bath with large stall shower, limestone floor and counter that services the pool.
- Mud room with bench, built-in cabinetry, stacked washer and dryer.
- Grand stairs with intricate millwork, wainscots and huge window take you to the private upper level with a central galleria. On either side of the main corridor are the luxurious master bedroom compound and 3 additional generous bedrooms.
- Luxurious master suite overlooking the backyard with two offices, his and hers large walk-in closets, and spa-like master bath with steam shower, oversized tub with jets, dual sink vanity, marble top and heated limestone floors and two executive offices finished in the finest materials.
- Three family bedrooms with vaulted ceilings and large closets: one bedroom en suite bathroom and the other two bedrooms sharing a large Jack and Jill bathroom with double sinks, marble counter, tub and stall shower.
- Upper floor laundry room with built-in cabinets and sink.
- Luxurious guest suite with full bath, limestone stall shower and counter, sink and walk-in closet.
- Expansive media room with three Murphy beds.
- Recreation room with parquet dance floor and game room.
- Kitchen sink with limestone counters and refrigerator.
- CrossFit-style professional fitness center equipped with media including a television and a Sonos sound system.
- Two storage rooms and IT closet.
- Mechanical room.